Waddell Memorial Presbyterian Church
Built in 1874, Waddell Memorial Presbyterian Church is a wonderful example of Carpenter’s Gothic architecture. The country church was named in honor of James Waddell, a local blind preacher and key player in the battle for religious tolerance during Colonial times. J. B. Danforth, an amateur architect, designed the church. The church possesses a tracing of Danforth’s drawings by the Richmond carpenter-architect John Gibson, who presumably worked on the building. The design called for a steeple that was not included in the finished work.