Burgandine House is a Main Street landmark and a very rare example of a working-class home. The lot on which it stands was part of the Spotswood tract which sold in 1754 to Robert Coleman, then to General Edward Stevens. Of log construction, many of the house’s original features have been maintained. Although it was long believed to be the oldest house in the Town of Culpeper (circa 1749), more recent research indicates that it was probably constructed circa 1800. The building is well-preserved and was restored by the Town of Culpeper.