Antioch Baptist Church
Antioch Baptist Church is one of the oldest churches in Culpeper. The church started in the 1850's when it separated from Mt. Pony Baptist Church. It organized in 1859 under the name of The African Church where the free worshippers met. According to church records the church was founded in 1865 under the direction of Rev. Harrison Blair. The church relocated from Confederate barracks to a lot near locust street and that church was destroyed by fire in 1873. The congregants worshipped in a brick warehouse until 1886 when the current sanctuary was constructed. Since the organization there has been 10 additional pastors.