It’s a new year with brand new goals, expectations, and hopes. Escape safely to Culpeper, Virginia for new experiences at area wineries, breweries, and distilleries; drives that are lovely even in the midst of winter, and excellent meals that are ready to ride when you are. Include one of these events while you’re with us.
Tuesdays, January 5-26 – Drawing & Painting is a weekly program offered at the Lenn Park Activity Room and presented by Culpeper County Parks & Recreation and Artist in Bloom. Each Tuesday artists from ages 6 and up meet in age-based groups for instruction in a variety of media. Ages 6 to 10 meet from 6 to 6:45 p.m.; ages 11 to 17 meet from 7 to 7:45; and ages 18 and up meet.
January 6 – “Solace Snow” is the wintry theme of the painting at Wine & Design at 6:30 p.m. You can request this event be “packaged” for you to take-and-make, or you can wear your face mask and join the small studio class in person. Food, beer, and wine are available for purchase. Reservations are required and a pre-payment saves your seat. Classes at Wine & Design are for ages 18 and older. Can’t make this one? Try another:
- Jan 6: Virtual Class “Snowy Cabin” at 7 p.m. via Zoom
- Jan 7: Virtual Class “Daisy the Happy Cow” at 7 p.m. via Zoom
- Jan 8: “Moonlit Trees” in studio at 6:30 p.m.
- Jan 9: “Stained Glass Dragonfly” in studio at 10 a.m. and 2 p.m.
- Jan 10: Chunky Blanket Workshop in studio at 1 p.m.
- Jan 11: “Winter Moon” in studio at 6:30 p.m.
- Jan 12: “Winter Mountains” in studio at 6:30 p.m.
- Jan 13: “Red Barn in Snow” in studio at 6:30 p.m.
- Jan 14: “Copper Bluebird” in studio at 6:30 p.m.
- Jan 15: Virtual Class “Mood” at 10 p.m. via Zoom
- Jan 16: “Mommy & Me Cardinals” in studio at 10:30 a.m.
- Jan 17: Virtual Class “Finnigan Fox” at 7 p.m. via Zoom
- Jan 18: “Snow Nights” in studio at 6:30 p.m.
- Jan 19: “Helping Gnomes” in studio at 6:30 p.m.
- Jan 20: “Light Barn in Snow” in studio at 6:30 p.m.
- Jan 21: Virtual Class “Winter Sunset” at 7:00 p.m. via Zoom
- Jan 22: “Northern Lights” in studio at 6:30 p.m.
- Jan 23: Virtual Class for Kids “Kiddo Horse” at 1 p.m. via Zoom
- Jan 24: Virtual Class “Cool Northern Lights” at 7 p.m. via Zoom
- Jan 25: “Virginia Pride” in studio at 6:30 p.m.
- Jan 27: “Sea Storms” in studio at 6:30 p.m.
- Jan 28: Date Night: “Two Pigs in Love” in studio at 6:30 p.m.
- Jan 29: “Virginia Redbud” in studio at 6:30 p.m.
- Jan 30: “Be Mine” 22” Wooden Door Hanger Gnome in studio at 1:30 p.m.
- Jan 31: “Rockin’ Robin” in studio at 6:30 p.m.
- Full Calendar
January 6 – Locals! If you’re looking to mix with other professionals around your age in an effort to better the community, join in the Young Professional Luncheon from noon to 1 p.m. The Young Professionals Group is a subset of the Chamber of Commerce and will meet at the Country Club of Culpeper for a shared meal and networking.
January 8 – Jes Jams at Prince Michel Vineyards and Taproom from 4:30 to 7:30 p.m. and you can join her! She’s a cover artist tapping many genres from the 1960s through today, but with her own zest. Plan to grab a meal from The Pub while you listen in, and then plan to perhaps catch another act during the month. See the full calendar.
January 20 – The Entrepreneur’s Hangout is hosting an “update your image” event at 5:30 p.m. at Elevate Co-work & Community with the main focus being a new headshot for you! Space is limited and reservations are required. Professional makeup touch-up and two headshot photos will be included. Additionally, guest speaker Matthew McCarton will discuss strategy, a hot topic or burgeoning small businesses.
For more live music opportunities, monitor the Grass Rootes Facebook page. They tend to offer weekly music. Note they will be closed through January 12 for a winter break but are expected to reopen January 13. Also keep an eye on Beer Hound Brewery and Far Gohn Brewery for musical events to spring up. But even if they don’t, the beer and the company are great at both! Cheers to 2021!
For assistance with your visit or help around town, feel free to call us toll free at 1-844-490-2577. We’re also happy to mail you a Visitors Guide to get your vacation planning juices flowing. Request that here.