Salubria-c-1743

Salubria c. 1743


  • 2062 Germanna Highway
    Locust Grove, Virginia 22508
  • 540-423-1700
  • Opent to the public by appointment only

Located seven miles east of the town of Culpeper, Salubria is thought to be the oldest brick house in Culpeper County, constructed in a formal Georgian style. Although the precise date of construction is not certain, Salubria was built around 1743 by the Reverend John Thompson, whose first wife was the widow of Lt. Governor Alexander Spotswood.  Salubria is now part of The Memorial Foundation of The Germanna Colonies of Virginia Inc.

Amentities

  •  Free Admission
  •  Free Parking
  •  Handicap Accessible
  •  Takes Reservations
  •  Public Restrooms