- 8183 Fox Groves Road
Remington, Virginia 22734
- Open daily from 10AM-5PM, April through October, for self-guided tours.
Tours of the manor, blacksmith shop and slave quarters are available by appointment.
For more information email email@example.com or call the number listed above.
Built in 1815 by Fredericksburg magistrate and merchant,
Daniel Grinnan, Presqu’Isle was originally a 16,000-acre grain plantation. The
property also served as headquarters for Union General Emory Upton and
approximately 15,000 cavalrymen during the winter encampment of 1863/64.
Today 20 of Presqu’Isle’s original 16,000 acres, including the core of the
c.1815 plantation, are open to the public as a historic park.