Jeffersonton

Jeffersonton


  • 18498 Springs Road
    Jeffersonton, Virginia 22724

The village of Jeffersonton (once called Jefferson) was established in 1798 on 25 acres of land donated by John Fishback, Joseph Coons and others. It was on the main road from Fauquier Court House to Culpeper Court House. In 1820, it was Culpeper County’s leading village, and in 1835 was on the Piedmont stage route from Washington D.C. to Milledgeville, Georgia. In 1852, the population was 2,033, of which over half were slaves. During the Civil War, the Little Fork Rangers mustered in the village in front of the old Fishback house on their way to Manassas Battlefield. The ladies of the village had made their uniforms, and presented them with their company flag. Today the village consists of four churches, a community center, a few old dwellings and the old elementary school, which is no longer in use.

Amentities

  •  Free Admission
  •  Free Parking
  •  Handicap Accessible
  •  Takes Reservations
  •  Public Restrooms