Culpeper National Cemetery
- Downtown, 305 U.S. Avenue (no sign), entrance is from E. Stevens Street across the railroad
Culpeper, Virginia 22701
- Dawn to Dusk
The Culpeper National Cemetery was established on April 13, 1867 and covered approximately 6 acres. It was dedicated as the final resting place for the heroes of the United States who fell in battle or died of disease during the Civil War in the surrounding Culpeper area. On October 21, 1975, the Veterans of Foreign Wars, Burton Hammond Post 2524, were instrumental in arranging for the donation of 10.51 acres of land from Joe H. Garner, President of Bingham & Taylor Corp., as a memorial to all corporation employees who served in the armed forces. In 2001, the VFW, American Legion, local officials and residents once again were instrumental in acquiring an additional 12 acres of land to extend burial services to our most honored veterans for another 50 years or more.