Cedar-Run-Baptist-Church

Cedar Run Baptist Church


  • 21210 Old Orange Road
    Culpeper, Virginia 22701

The earliest congregation of Cedar Run Baptist Church was formed in 1822, dissolved and reformed in 1930. The church sat in the midst of the Battle of Cedar Mountain in August of 1862, and its congregation did not meet in the church from 1861 through 1864. By 1869, another church was erected on its former site, and in 1877, the church moved again to a spot just a few feet west of its present location. With the purchase of adjoining land, construction was completed in 1894 on the structure which stands today. The construction cost of $1450.00 was offset with a check from the United States Government for $720.00 as compensation for a nearby structure that Federal troops had destroyed.

Amentities

  •  Free Admission
  •  Free Parking
  •  Handicap Accessible
  •  Takes Reservations
  •  Public Restrooms